February 23, 2009

A Little About Us

Dan and I met as undergraduates at Swarthmore College. I was 18, he was 20, and pretty soon we were well on our way to planning our life together. Soon after my graduation, we relocated to Massachusetts, where we had both grown up. Dan completed graduate school in pharmacology and enrolled in law school. I moved from a job in executive search recruiting to college career counseling and recruiting. We married after five years of dating. Life was great. Dan worked as a patent attorney at a large Boston law firm. I had the most perfect job at Boston University School of Management doing a little bit of everything that I loved: teaching, recruiting, developing, advising, managing. We saved and saved, and finally bought a house we loved in a town by the beach. We were thrilled when I became pregnant after five years of marriage and were excited to discover our baby was a girl. As we neared the end of the very normal pregnancy, we very eagerly anticipated her arrival.

Hadley was born in late September 2001, following an uncomplicated natural birth at our local hospital. We held her close in those first few hours, singing, talking, and showing her the world outside the window. We couldn't wait to bring her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment